• BCom accounting degree (candidates with an Honours will receive preference).
• Completed SAIPA Articles
• Post article experience not required / max 1-2 years
• Full accounting function up to trial balance
• Debtors (Invoicing, recons, collections)
• Creditor (Invoicing, recons, payments)
• Bank reconciliations
• Daily cash flow management and forecasting
• Inventory reconciliations
• Maintain fixed asset register (depreciation/insurance)
• VAT calculation and submission
• Prepare Journal entries
• Budget vs Actual reporting
• Monthly management accounts
• General ledger maintenance
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Interest calculations
• Liaise with bank and auditors
This position is responsible for financial reporting and the management of all finance functions, with a direct reporting line to the General Manager.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• To oversee the day-to-day work of the finance team. Lead and be responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources.
• Financial reporting including preparation of monthly management accounts within the agreed deadlines.
• Preparation of detailed financial budgets for the following financial year.
• Liaison with external auditors to facilitate the smooth year-end audit.
• Ensuring efficient utilisation of the Ostendo system across the business unit.
• Cost management in the areas under your control and advising on cost control in other areas.
• Preparation & payment of monthly Salaries.
• Preparation and submission of, or assistance with, various statutory returns that may be necessary. For example; VAT returns, PAYE Registration, UIF deductions and payments, SDL payments, Provisional Income Tax, Tax Clearance Certificates, Workmen’s Compensation Fund, and CPIC Annual returns.
• Control & co-ordination of monthly stock counts & in-depth investigation and explanation of variances that may arise.
• Ensuring Bills of Material in the Ostendo system are accurate & up to date.
• Management of company cash flow requirements.
• Ensuring efficient collection of debtors amounts owing.
• Supporting the General Manager with operational and pricing decisions by providing financial input as needed.
• Developing a detailed understanding of all the production processes of the company.
• Manufacturing: 1 to 2 years
• Financial experience: 3 to 5 years
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
• A relevant Financial / Accounting degree. Further qualifications: CA (SA) or CIMA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Senior Finance position, ideally in a medium to large manufacturing company.
• Proven computer literacy in MS Office, including advanced excel skills.
• Sound knowledge of the process flow within a finance department. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
• Resilience – Remains determined despite frequent obstacles.
• Responsible & Accountable – The ability to work in a way that considers its impact on other people, organisational goals, and the wider environment.
• Contribute to the team deliverables through agile ways of working and enabling the best business outcome through the integration of best skills for the job and flexible work packages
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com on or before 4 June 2021 with your expected salary.
To arrange and coordinate the timeous and safe storage and distribution of products.
To ensure the right product is delivered to the correct customer and physical address at the lowest cost.
Updating any physical address changes on Ostendo when approved by the relevant department manager.
Duties include route planning, completing daily tripsheets, analyzing logistics budget, stock control, logistics reporting, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods are also requirements.
Final checking of all orders before leaving the DC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to see the bigger picture regarding transport planning and costs involved
• Great problem solving skills and finding urgent solutions
• Continually seeking improvement on delivery scheduling, lead times and costings
• Immediately responding to shipping complaints, lost items and damages. Lodging insurance or transporter claims.
• Reporting on delivery cost and on different sectors of the business
• Final checking on accuracy of picked orders
• Ensuring the correct packing, stacking and wrapping of pallets
• Ensuring all products are sealed correctly
• Keeping within leadtimes set for each area.
• Handling of all booking timeslot and following up constantly, right through to actual delivery
• Following up on deliveries, especially DC deliveries
• Stock management – Stock takes and daily counts
• Managing and ensuring FIFO is applied to ensure no short dated stock
• Completing of daily trip sheets and keeping register of delivery schedule.
• POD control en reviewing by using your trip sheets
• Timeous and accurate delivery of freight
• Maintenance planning on company vehicles
• Keeping record of licence renewals
• Ensuring a safe working environment, PPE adherence
• Maintain company standards, policies & procedures
• Grade 12 – Any qualification in logistics & warehousing will be beneficial
• Previous experience in FMCG
• Experience in logistics & warehousing to be benificial
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Must have excellent communication skills and problem solving skills
• Fluent in both English & Afrikaans
• Must be customer service orientated
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org