Must have a degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant field. Five years experience in an Engineering field with at least two years at a managerial level.
- Develops and implements policies, established procedures and work plans; expedites workflow
- Develop departmental goals and objectives; ensures that staff have appropriate project undertaking
- Takes leadership of and/or provides direction to staff; ensures resolution of problems
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Prepare budgets, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, and the entire company
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in compliance with all applicable local, and government regulations, requirements and standards, so as to create an accident free working environment and to eliminate accidents costs and penalties for non-compliance
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.