Post requires working two Saturdays a month in addition to weekdays
Be available to be on standby 24/7 in case of breakdown
5 years work experience in a factory environment is required
- Overseeing basic general Occupational Health and Safety in the factory.
- Scheduling of all regular machine services and maintenance
- All electrical general maintenance
- Daily preventative maintenance
- Checking and maintaining of machines in operation
- Minor in-house and production-related repairs
- Minor building repairs (wall skirting’s, bump rails, plastic curtains, electric fences, alarms)
- Scheduling of building repairs and painting.
- Checking fridge and freezer temperatures – making sure nothing has tripped out or excessive build-up of ice on reefer fans and coils. Also regular cleaning and sterilization of all reefers and ice machine.
- Prepare factory for audits – put up cage room outside, fridge doors at receiving, repair or replace bump rails and skirting’s, supervise general building (floors, tiles, ceilings, light fittings, curtains) / machine repairs, cleaning and painting.
- Day to day responsibilities will be discussed
- Working with basic hydraulics
- Checking forklift is regularly serviced and daily checks are performed.
- Conveyors maintenance
And any other reasonable work that might come up from time to time.